Sunday, November 16, 2008

Birthday!!

Ryan's 30th birthday was on the 8th and he absolutely would not let me throw him any type of a celebration. So, we planned an escape to Tamarack for 4 days! We rented a nice 3 bedroom townhouse that had it's own hot tub, deck, grill, etc... the best part was, nobody was up there because they don't have snow yet! It was pet friendly too, so we even got to bring Max and Lincoln with us. The mountain air is so wonderful... we could have easily stayed up there a month. Sadly we only had 3 nights, but it was absolutely fabulous. Cash loved the hot tub, which he thought was a huge bath with bubbles, and loved helping Ryan start a fire every day. We got a gift from Ryan's employee, Ismael, and we now have 2 parakeets! Any name suggestions? One of them got out of the cage while we were at church today and was hiding on top of the cabinets above the fridge. Quite the adventure.

Because it was Ryan's birthday, I want to list a few things that I absolutely love about him...
1- He is a wonderful father and loves his kids SO much.
2- He treats me like a queen.
3- He makes me laugh at least five times a day.
4- He lets me eat next to him even though it's his biggest pet peeve to hear people chewing. :)
5- He loves dogs as much as I do -- absolutely a miracle.
6- He's honest and will always tell you the truth when you ask him something.
7- He's extremely loyal to those he trusts.
8- He's proud of his testimony.
9- He's very talented -- especially at his profession.
10- I can always talk to him about anything and not have to worry about judgment or criticism... sometimes all he does is hold me and hug and let me know it will all be okay.



Happy Birthday, Dad!


She loves her daddy.



Last minute dinner in WinCo parking lot. Cash bit every piece.




We saw our state bird!! So pretty. Cash spotted it.





Speaking of birds... Our newest addition.





Look how old he looks!!



Oops! Calvin is running away now.



Marley loved her first Moto ride.



"Moto" ride for Dad... I mean Cash.



Ryan couldn't have received a better gift. This is a first!
Marley loves Cash -- Cash loves Marley!


The dogs loved bird watching


Handy Manny on Dad's phone?! NO WAY!

6 comments:

Magen said...

Mary I love you and miss you so much...your comments always make me so happy. Give Ryan a Happy Late Birthdy shout out...30 WOW...but ryans like a fine wine...gets better with time. Sill loving the cuteness of your children!

Unknown said...

Oh my, how I love you all! Cash is looking so huge, I kinda hate how that happens so fast:) His hair looks shorter too, I just cut Olls and he already looks another year older. In the pic with Marley and Cash, she looks almost as big as him. Is she just growing super fast! HBD Ry, wish we could have been there with you guys to celebrate. Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon!

Unknown said...

PS that was Becky, sorry I'm on my sister's account:)

Davis Party of 5 said...

Holy cow Mary... Cash is looking sooo big it really didnt look like him in a couple pictures. He is sooo handsome! I love the pic of Marley too... she is soo cute! I am thinking it is time to get together again!! SOON!!!

{z} said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Marley...you two are so dang cute!...so are Ryan and Cash! Happy b-day RJ...we love you!

Brandon & Amber said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! Whay a fun little trip! You guys are such a cute little family!