Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Things Kids Do

It's been quite the two days here in the Johnson household. Saturday morning started at 3:00 with Cash screaming. I went up there and picked him up and we laid in the twin bed for 30 minutes until I decided I was going to put him back in his bed. Then I did something I never thought I'd do in this life... caught hands full of vomit. My poor little boy had thrown up all over his crib and now all over himself and the spare bed as well. So, I cleaned him up, started a very large load of laundry and then took him into our bed to try to sleep (a first). Didn't really work out and at 5 Ryan took him out to sleep in the chair with him. All day he was walking around and would say "Button, ouch" (he knows his stomach as belly button) and point to his belly. Later that day after he wanted to finally eat -- he projectile puked again. Not fun. Good news is, he went to bed and was feeling better this morning. Bad news is Marley woke up at 4:30 and I had the same experience with her. I never thought so much liquid could come out of such a tiny body. So sad because she had no idea what was going on. All she's had today is Pedialyte and a tiny bit of milk which I think is upsetting her b/c she's crying right now and should be asleep. I just went to check -- She just wanted a little cuddle and to rid herself of some toxic fluids.

On a happier note, Cash really touched my heart tonight. We missed church, so we were watching some of the talks from Conference... Cash was playing by our front door, shoving stuff under the bench singing "Clean up" and then the Primary Choir started to sing. He immediately sat up, walked right over and sat right in front of the TV watching those kids sing. It made me cry. Children are so beautiful and honest and perfect. It was a wonderful moment. I really love those kids.

6 comments:

Davis Party of 5 said...

Oh Mary you made me want to cry too!! Sooo sweet:) Arent we oo lucky to have these wonderful blessings:)

Davis Party of 5 said...

oo is supposed to be "sooo":)

{z} said...

talk about the ups and downs of parenthood!!isn't that what parenting is all about??!!

Rebecca said...

what a coincidence! I have been puking too! and my dad and ezra are sick too. no puke from them so far though but mot much sleeping.
sweet little cash.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Oh my, what a couple nights. I'm glad it seems like they're feeling better and it's getting out of their system. That is so cute that Cash just wanted to listen to those kids sing, bet it reminds him of heaven:) Love you guys, can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!!

Wright Life said...

Oh I am so sorry about all the sickness going on at your household! I hope everyone is feeling better now. I loved Cash's story. That is so cute. My heart was touched too. Love you guys and happy thanksgiving!!