Monday, September 1, 2008

Beautiful McCall

We spent the last week up at a cabin on the lake in McCall with the Johnson family for a little reunion. I have a lot of pictures on our video camera that I haven't taken the time to figure out how to download yet. So, you get the few that were on our camera. It was so fun to relax and enjoy our beautiful surroundings in the mountains. The air was so clean and the lake was so dang cold. It was a lot of fun though! The first day Cash walked right into the water in all his clothes... I guess the cold didn't affect him. Cash pet a horse, saw a fox, deer and frog. We also ate some wild thimble berries, blueberries, and huckleberries. It was a little challenging with Marley and her bewitching hour, but we made it through. It was a much needed and wonderful break. Thank you everyone for your hard work in making it happen!

Marley's favorite place.

Our crew, plus a few neighbor kids.

Cash's favorite spot!

I can't believe we have two...

Cash was thoroughly worn out by the time we made our trip home.

7 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

I noticed the Johnson boys were sporting a little DA KINE on the boat with their Hawaii hoodies! Ya bras, you know how ta live da kine fa life! Well, I dont want to talk about how much we miss you guys. Let me put it into perspective; we miss the Johnsons like we miss Hawaii! I just got a pell grant to help us pay the bills so we will have to plan a trip soon, otherwise the Facer's will go crazy here and start destroying provo. Talk to you guys soon!

Live Aloha!
Ryan, Becky and Ollie

Lizzy said...

I love that first picture of you holding Marley in close, it is so sweet, she has such a cute face on!

{ a m b e r } said...

Oh we only have 2! And I don't think I could handle 3! A couple of those boys were my friends twins. I'm glad Marley is doing better! I love your kids names. They are both super cute kids!

The Cooks said...

THanks Mary for the comment! Your kids are too cute, you guys look so happy! So when are we all getting together seems how no one ever calls me.. OUCH :) anyway i would love to see you guys!

Jed and Becky said...

I am so happy that Marley is better for you! I felt your pain with the colicky babe this time with Brooklyn, we should have called eachother at 3:00am and consoled eachother! Can't wait to get together!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Do you like how I have left two comments on the same blog? What can I say, the Facer's need the Johnsons like Hawaii needs polynesians. So anyway, I'm listening to a little Aswad regae style from Hawaii wishing I was hitting the flag stick on the green overlooking classic Kahuku golf course. Well Ohana mia (thats mixing spanish and hawaiian), I love you guys and cant wait to see you.

Ryan and Facers

Melissa said...

Hey Mary - you know it was an awesome week at the cabin just by that last pic of Cash! I'm so jealous at the thought of being in the mountains and actually getting cold enough outside to want to wear a hoodie. Maybe I'll just have to crank up the air conditioner and close my eyes..... :-)

Anyway, love the pictures, love the cute kiddoes and love yoU!