Monday, May 5, 2008

Legacy

The day we got back from Hawaii was pretty crazy. Not many of you know, but I have been trying to get a real estate sales position at the new Legacy development for some time now. It was one of the reasons I got my license to begin with! Anyway, I interviewed with them several times, and about a month and a half ago, they basically offered me the job full time (they did not want or even like the word "part time"). They told me to go home and think about it and give them an answer in the morning. I thought I'd be completely excited by this, but I left feeling sick and almost in tears. I just didn't feel like I should be spending the majority of my time away from my family and home. So I made the decision to tell them that I couldn't do it. The most I could do was part time. Anyway, I really didn't hear from them until the Saturday before we flew back home from Hawaii. Much to my surprise, they wanted to meet with me on Monday. So, after a red-eye flight (no sleep, thanks to the little girl in my belly), reuniting with my sweet little boy and puppies, I headed out to meet with them. They said they wanted to extend the job offer to me at part time and wanted me to start ASAP! I came home and talked it out with Ryan, asked my dad's advice, slept on it, and called them back the next morning to tell them yes! I worked last weekend and it was quite the learning experience. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Needless to say, I now work with Holmes Homes now, and I'm very excited to be a part of it. They are the main builder in the new Legacy development out in Eagle. If you haven't heard about it you really need to. It's absolutely incredible. There isn't anything else like it! I will be working the Parade of Homes this weekend if you'd like to come out and get more information and visit. Here are the web addresses as well for you to check out. It's well worth it! www.legacyidaho.com and www.holmeshomes.com Check them out! Also, Mia Hamm and Brandi Chastain (part of the acadamies at Legacy) are going to be coming out for a Semi-Grand opening on June 14th. Everyone should come and be a part of it, it's going to be huge!

6 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Wow! Now I know what you mean by a crazy week!!! So much going on all at once and the time change, such a killer. That is so exciting, I am very happy for you! I know you've missed Real Estate and that's so awesome they wanted you bad enough to make it work around you! I have missed working full time but I totally feel the same way. I just couldn't handle missing out that much on Ollie's life, you just never get that back. So is Ryan going to be able to stay with the babies? Are you going to get Maternity leave? You are amazing, you just get what you want! Love you guys and seriosuly miss you all the time.

Amy said...

Mary that's so awesome. Congratulations!!!! I'm really excited for you, it sounds like a great development. Maybe in 5 years when we're done with school we can look there! :) We need to get together soon!

Masons said...

Mary you are a rockstar! I'm not surprised at all about this though. Anyone would be extremely lucky to have you working for them. Congratulations!

Russ and Loni Lamm said...

I'm so happy for you. I knew how bad you wanted this job. You will be soooooo good at it and soooo successful.

Magen said...

yeah going to california...but i am there for a while and pretty sure brooke is going to be back so i can see her. i know i totally need to see you. i was thinking about going up for rachels wedding cause i am sure everyone else will be there...or sometime soon. congrats on the JOB!!! maybe you're good luck will rub off on me! lets talk soon...i miss you mary mark johnson! ps...whenever i need a laugh i think of you as a girl seating on the bucket in your family van...it always gives me a good laugh!

Melissa said...

that's great news! glad you had fun in hawaii and good luck with everything!