Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tagged...

So my friend, Magen, "tagged" me and I guess I'm supposed to write six things about myself that people might now know. I'll try, but I swear I'm not that interesting, nothing like Magen. You all should check out her blog.

1. When I was in grade school and sadly, part of junior high, I used to write in my journal almost daily about nothing but boys and I'd sign it with the last name of whatever boy it was that I had a crush on at the time. The sad part is, I basically was a boy, so it's not like they ever liked me or anything. I'd just race them at recess and beat them, or punch them in the arm like a guy would, and think that they'd like me for it. Totally backfired.

2. I hate my handwriting so much that I'm ashamed every time someone that I know has good handwriting sees it.

3. When I was young I always wanted to be a secretary, and my name to be Rachel, and that's it... I loved typing and I thought it was the coolest job because you got to take little carbon copy phone messages for people.

4. The bloodiest injury I've ever had was due to my own stupidity. I was running down the stairs at a boyfriend's apartment and tried to jump out the door at the bottom of the stairs and totally judged it wrong. I hit my head so hard on the steel frame that it flung me backward onto the steps and I cracked my head open on a nail. I think I blacked out for half a second, and then I started laughing so hard that blood was gushing from the back of my head. I laughed because I was totally embarrassed. I looked like a cartoon getting clotheslined.

5. I hate the song "We Didn't Start the Fire" because I'm very scared of my house burning down and when I was little my brother loved to tease me about it. My parents were gone to the temple one night and we were at home and he was watching the video on MTV and I wanted him to turn it off and instead he just turned it up (who knows why I didn't just leave the room). I ended up screaming and crying and running away and having nightmares because of it.

6. I love dogs so much that I used to "find" strays and bring them home and act like they were starving and feed them. Later I would call the owner telling them I found their dog and it almost always ended up that they lived right by where I "found" them...

Okay, that's all I've got for right now. Not very interesting, but it's Cash's birthday today so I'm a little distracted and need to get a bunch of stuff done. He's so cute!

Oh yeah, I tag... Andrea, Lindsay and Tara.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know ANY of those things. Thanks for sharing!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASH!!! WE LOVE YOU.

H, P, h, and a

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Oh my gosh, Cash is 1, can you even believe, didn't we seriously just have them? And I loved reading your stuff, especially the fire part, it's just funny thinking of Eric taunting you and you having a melt down, cause that seems so not you guys now. And of course the boy part, I totally get writing my last name as theirs. It's acutally really embarrasing cause even my favorite seminary scriptures have my full name with this kid David Grahm's last name on it, so lame. I want to see a video of Cash punishing a birthday cake, so classic for the 1st, my fav. love you!