Tuesday, June 2, 2009

He Did It!!

So, life is awesome, and we've been busy, but CASH SLEPT IN A BIG BOY BED!! We have been trying and trying since around the time Marley was 2 months old, and he has refused to do it. But, last night I got him to sleep in the bed! It took me laying by him for 40 minutes, but he finally relaxed enough and fell asleep... He even stayed in bed all night until 7 this morning. I'm so proud of our buckaroo. He's getting to be such a big boy! He says and does things every day that make me laugh outloud. One of my favorite things is what he says when he wants something... We are trying to teach him "Please may I... _________" So, he says things like "Please may I have some hold you?" Or "Please may I have some open the door?" It's adorable.

Let's see... Marley is almost a year old and I can't believe it. She is simply adorable and a big huge bundle of personality. I remember when Cash was little we would tell him "trouble" or "danger" or "no" and he really did a good job of avoiding those things after just a few times... NOT Marley. She finds it absolutely hilarious to play in the dog water, water cooler, dog food, etc. She will look at me, laugh and then go for it as quickly as possible. It's so funny. She does say a few words... She says: dog, hi, dad, bye bye.... and when she plays peek a boo, she covers her ears, not her eyes. It's really hilarious.

Also, I have to brag about Ryan... He just landed a job of a lifetime!! We found out last week (on our anniversary actually), and he starts tomorrow. He's really excited, and I'm so proud of him. It was nice to see him do a drawing, he hasn't done one in awhile, and he's so artistic and talented. It's going to be a 3-4 month job, so I am expecting not to see much of him this summer, but I'm so proud of him and to see this job completed, it's totally worth it.

For our anniversary I set it up through my dad for Ryan to drive a race car at Meridian Speedway on their practice night. He didn't get to tear it up like he wanted to, but it was still really cool for him to drive in one and on the track. The only problem is he now really wants a race car of his own.

I'm going to put up some pictures of some fun things... With all the ups and downs, I really love life.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay for big boy beds!! I love the pic of Cash on his daddy's shoulders. So cute.

Matt and Monae Curtis said...

I can't believe Marley is so big! Where has the time gone? Your family is so cute, Mary! I think your little girl looks so much like you!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Yes! I can't wait to hear more about the job. That just means when it's done you guys will be totally ready for a trip to CA to see us right? Oh and then Hawaii of course. Way to go Cash! I have to say I am loving the big boy bed although Ollie's is a mattress on the floor right now. But he has an actual bed waiting for him in CA. Marley is almost 1 what!? I just can't accept that. And I love Cash's haircut. They're buzz buddies now, bald and loving life:) Miss you guys.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

First of all, felicidades Cash! Lo hicisite!

Now, this is a call to all Johnsons of the Ryan Mark Johnson family. Listen up, and listen good. As you know, my birthday is coming up. Do you remember what I asked for last year? Well, if you don't remember, my wish was to spend my birthday with the Johnsons. Do you know what my birthday wish is this year? That's right, more time with the Johnsons. Now, this year is a little different because we'll be in California; but I have great confidence in the Johnson's that they'll do the right thing and make it happen. So now the only thing you need to do is RSVP IMMEDIATELY!

Thanks LOVE
the Facers (especially the birthday boy)

The Belnaps said...

Cash and Marley are so dang cute! I can't get enough of Cash's voice and Marley's constant smile! And Yeahh! for Ryan, I'm so happy for you Guys!

P.S. I know I'm late but "happy anniversary!"

Amy said...

Congrats on Ryan's big job! That's awesome! What project is it? The speedway things is awesome! Nate would love that. You are so creative!